The race started at 5:00AM but mercifully I live quite close to Disneyland so it wasn't too long of a drive to get there. The corrals were already filled up before I got there so I ended up in the corral entrance chute which was fine. As the corrals ahead of mine started the race I was able to get into the corral and start moving forward. The race got started all right I jogged a slight bit just to get out of other peoples way. By the time we reached the first hill I had begun my walking. The course goes through Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure park. I had done the race last year and thought the course was going to be the same but was surprised to see that the course through the parks was different than last year, the outside road part of the course was the same as last year. I enjoy these races because you get to go behind the scenes through the parks. One of my favorite parts is getting to see the World of Color fountains in action. Also the cast members in the park are really cheerful for being there so early and cheer you on. On a funny note my half brother works at Disneyland and I saw him on the course of my run so I got to say hello which was a pleasant surprise. I made sure to stay hydrated by wearing my camelbak with 3 liters of water on my back plus I ate a few M&Ms during the race to keep my energy up I found that they sat better in my stomach than the Clifblocks I usually eat during races. I was happy to finish the race though because by the end my feet were quite sore. As it turns out the concept of your feet getting larger in pregnancy does apply to me (they aren't swollen just bigger.) Overall the race went really well for me being 31 weeks pregnant. I finished in 3 hours 45 minutes and 21 seconds which is not too bad considering I walked the entire race.
Here is me at the finish with my medal
Sadly I couldn't wear my race shirt after the race because at the moment my belly is too large to fit into my shirt but I look forward to getting to wear it once the baby is born and I can start jogging again.
Here is a picture of the shirt and a closer view of the medal. I really like the pink color of the shirt this year last year it was a pale green shirt which I didn't like as much.
I am thinking about registering for the Disneyland half marathon that occurs the last weekend of August as a motivation to get back into shape after the baby is born. I think that 5 months should be enough time for me to get back into running form.
I think that's about it for this week. Hopefully next week I will post what I am going to end up baking for the Superbowl party I was invited to but won't be able to attend because I have to work but I am planning on sending something yummy to eat with my husband to the party. Who knows maybe I will make something fun to take to work to eat too.


No comments:
Post a Comment