Monday, May 26, 2014

Weekly Workout Recap

Hi everyone,

Seeing as I am now clear to start working out again I have started training for triathlons again. I really want to do a half ironman at some point this year. I am thinking about doing one in October but am no sure that I will be able to get enough training time to do that. In the meantime I have started an olympic distance triathlon training program (found here http://www.triradar.com/training-advice/sprint-triathlon-training-plans/ ). So this past week was week 1 for me.

I have worked it out so that on Mondays and Wednesdays I wake up and feed the baby and then put him back to bed and head to the pool before my husband leaves for work which seems to be working out really well. I enjoy getting to start my day with a workout and I get a little time all to myself.

The runs on the training plan I have modified at this point as walk 1 block, jog 2 blocks because I can't run that far yet. The runs are pretty neat though because I put the baby in the jogging stroller and the mastiff gets to come along.

The bike is where I am struggling the most at the moment. I only did a 20 minute ride on Saturday and didn't ride at all on Sunday. I got a bike trainer so that I can ride without leaving the house. Between the discomfort from the bike seat and the baby needing changing all I managed was 20 minutes on the bike, so I will need to work on that in this upcoming training week. Plus I need to look for a new bike seat. 

Well that's the recap of week 1 of triathlon training (and trying to get back into my jeans post pregnancy). See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment