Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Good Things and Bad Things

Being a new mom means every day has amazing moments that make you love your baby more than anything. There are also moments every day that make you wonder why you ever wanted children.

For example, today I tried to go to Target to try to find some new button down shirts to fit my breast feeding body. My little guy wanted nothing to do with shopping he fussed almost the entire time. He refused to sit in the ergo carrier and wanted me to hold him the entire time. This is of course after I had fed him and changed him and he had spit up all over the place. By the time I got home I wanted nothing more then to take a nap and have time to myself. Its times like those when I feel like my life is over and that I will never be able to do the things I used to be able to do. I wonder if I will ever be able to have time to myself. Those moments make me wonder why I even wanted children.

However once we got home my little guy was much happier. I put him on the floor and he was just cooing and making adorable little baby noises and smiling at me. Sitting next to him I was just amazed that this little guy loves me so much. Those moments help counteract all the times of why did I even have this kid?

Some of my other favorite moments of my day with my little guy are when I am sitting in my glider feeding him and my old dog comes to lie at my feet and I get to pet my dog with my feet and snuggle with my baby boy at the same time.

I strive to have more of those love moments and less of the why moments. I hope to be able to tell you about more of the love moments I experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment