Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekly Workout Review

So this past week I missed 2 workouts. I felt really sluggish last week.

Monday: swam 1100 yards
Tuesday: jogged/ walked 2.25 miles in 30 minutes and felt supper sluggish. Also the front wheel came off the jogging stroller twice which added to my frustration of feeling sluggish.
Wednesday: intended to ride the bike but it didn't happen
Thursday: swam 1100 yards
Friday: skipped the run completely just didn't try
Saturday: skipped the bike ride
Sunday: rode the bike on the trainer for 45 minutes

However this week I wanted to talk about a cool new training tool I picked up.

I found this cool Aquasphere kick board and pull buoy combination device.
I really like the fact that I only have to take one piece of equipment to do two things at the pool. It works really well as a kick board, nice and streamlined, not too big and awkward. As a pull buoy it works okay. My only complaint as a pull buoy is that its hard to do flip turns while using it because it is longer than a standard pull buoy which interferes with your knees when you turn. Overall its a minor inconvenience. Its nice to only have one relatively compact piece of equipment to take to the pool instead of two.

This week is the rest week on the schedule for which I am grateful. So off on another week of training to get down to my pre pregnancy weight. As of this morning only 8 more pounds to go to the weight I was when I got pregnant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment